Water Permits

What if I need to use water during restricted days or times? The DWP provides temporary watering exemptions, called water permits. Here are some of the exceptions for which you can receive a water permit:

  • Fundraising or community car washes - still must use a bucket and shut-off nozzle on the hose. Please also note that you are required to prevent runoff down streets and into gutters in accordance with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System. For more information, please contact the City of Big Bear Lake Engineering Department.
  • Health and sanitation - generally limited to one day, power wash only
  • New landscaping, new or rehabilitated turf - time of day and duration depends on the type of plants
  • Paint or stain preparation - one day power washing of exterior walls or decks

Obtaining a Permit

Permits must be requested in advance by visiting the DWP office at 41972 Garstin Drive or contacting the Conservation Department. Permits can be picked up, mailed, or delivered and must be displayed during the activity.

Was this page helpful for you? Yes No